Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 03:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo Beta 7.0 released!
http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  Orbiter 2006-P1 changes/problems
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Orbiter 2006-P1 changes/problems  (Read 6719 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 12:59:17 PM »

So should we do a CVS update before installing the patch?

Yeah, as Swatch said there seems to be no conflict, I just unzipped both patch zips in my Orbiter folder. Please be aware of that in the latest beta the CSM/LV separation bug isn't fixed.

Tchachim, I'll look into that, but I don't know the first thing about meshland, so unless someone with more experience does it, I can't say if it'll get done very quickly.

No problem, for me it's fine to leave that out, rotating wheels are already great enough. Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

brittany_Apollo8_fan

brittanystruth
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »

Is the CSM/LV separation bug affecting version 6.4.3 as well?   I have two installations of Orbiter.  One is NASSP 6.4.3 and the other is the Project Apollo beta.  I updated both installations with the patch. 

"All we do is open the valves and Frank comes home."

Chris Kraft, talking to Susan Borman about her concerns that Apollo 8 would be stranded in lunar orbit.
"From the Earth to the Moon"
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »

I didn't try, but the 6.4.3 version should work fine, the crash of the beta SIVB is caused by the SLA panel animations, which don't exist in the 6.4.3 (and neither a SIVB actually).  Cool

Cheers
Tschachim

brittany_Apollo8_fan

brittanystruth
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 04:42:56 PM »

Well, I tried the 6.4.3 version and it worked out just as advertised. 

Chris Kraft, talking to Susan Borman about her concerns that Apollo 8 would be stranded in lunar orbit.
BigDAS

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »

I don't know if this is relevent, but I notice that since the P1 patch, all craft that I've flown, including AMSO, appear to move more suggishly than previous. The Seahawk chopper now takes around 4 minutes to get up to speed, compared to 2.5 minutes previously. I'm just wondering if the animations are being  time retarded in some way.

BigDAS

"We should, in my judgement, put a man on Mars by the end of this century"
Vice President Spiro T. Agnew - July 16, 1969
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 02:37:10 PM »

On the new "Extras" tab of the launchpad there's high res/low res mesh configuration for the DG and the shuttle. I think we should have that, too. That means to add a "Project Apollo" node in the configuration tree, which opens a window with a high res/low res option group affecting the Saturns and the SIVB etc. Any volunteers? Wink

Nobody? Then I'll take a look at it, I plan to add options for the high res/low res meshes and the panel configuration (FDAIs on/off, smooth FDAI scrolling). Additionally I had to split the CSM main panel because of the ongoing fps problems with my graphic adapter, since I made that configurable in the config file I'll add that, too. Also I plan to add the joysticks configuration.

Cheers
Tschachim

brittany_Apollo8_fan

brittanystruth
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 04:06:27 PM »

I tried the beta Apollo 7 scenario, and Orbiter crashed when I separated from the S-IVB. 

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »

There's a fixed SIVB.dll attached on a post here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=884.0

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 11:29:14 AM »

Then I'll take a look at it, I plan to add options for the high res/low res meshes and the panel configuration (FDAIs on/off, smooth FDAI scrolling). Additionally I had to split the CSM main panel because of the ongoing fps problems with my graphic adapter, since I made that configurable in the config file I'll add that, too. Also I plan to add the joysticks configuration.

Done in a first version: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Launchpad_Configuration_Options
Joystick configuration still has to be done though...

Cheers
Tschachim

Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 04:42:55 PM »

That is awesome!!!  I'm really looking forward to joystick stuff since I've been unsucessful with getting mine working.  Kudos!

It might be a good idea if possible to also set an option for VC loading and KSC Mesh loading... there can be some discussion as to that, but definately an option for VC.  It would be nice to be able to configure for higher frame-rates, if nothing else than as a fix while we have bad frame-rates (I still plan on correcting this somewhat).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 04:47:18 PM by Swatch » Logged

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: