Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2020, 10:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Gemini 060615 released!
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2266 Members
Latest Member: twa517
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP News & Discussion
| | |-+  News & Announcements (Moderators: movieman, Tschachim, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  New Project Apollo Beta 20061211 released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Project Apollo Beta 20061211 released  (Read 5444 times)
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:44:09 AM »

Hi Apollo fans,

there are new beta modules available here: nassp.sf.net/wiki/Installation. Please make sure that Orbiter 2006-P1 is installed. Also please make sure that you do a CVS Update of the Config, Doc, Meshes, Orbitersdk, Scenarios, Sound and Textures directories because of the new features.

Major new feature are the CSM optics now working with the Virtual AGC: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?topic=178.315. Thanks to dseagrav for this really important improvement. Happy

Also the Saturn 1B launch has been improved a little bit.

Cheers
Tschachim

* Saturn1B.jpg (43.42 KB, 500x344 - viewed 657 times.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:05:48 AM by Tschachim » Logged

Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 12:36:03 AM »

Thanks Tschachim and the rest of the NASSP designers, this is really turning into a wonderful addon, with each update!

I was just watching the first part of the Apollo 7 launch, love the animated pad!! Got a message at the bottom of the screen that said - Telecom link failed 10048, or something along those lines,lol Have I forgotten to activate a certain module before I started Orbiter, not sure what this message means?

Eddie Happy
Christophe
Project Team Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 07:05:49 AM »

Thanks Tschachim! Thumbs Up Happy
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:26:45 AM »

Thanks Tschachim and the rest of the NASSP designers, this is really turning into a wonderful addon, with each update!

I was just watching the first part of the Apollo 7 launch, love the animated pad!! Got a message at the bottom of the screen that said - Telecom link failed 10048, or something along those lines,lol Have I forgotten to activate a certain module before I started Orbiter, not sure what this message means?

Eddie Happy

No, thats a side effect of the telemetry.  it only shows up after you restart the simulation without exiting orbiter.....to get rid of it, restart orbiter, otherwise it's more nuisence than problem.

Perhaps we should look into that at some point.....at least why it doesn't shut down with Orbiter.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »

Now I understand whats going on swatch, thanks! Happy
dseagrav
Project Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 08:55:39 PM »

Also BTW, the optics doesn't just work in vAGC scenarios, it works with AGC++ too, except that AGC++ doesn't require realignment and so doesn't use it. You can still run the optics in manual mode for sightseeing.
Eddie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 12:13:04 AM »

Well dseagrav, I did some sight seeing with it today!! Stumbled across by accident on getting it up and running, but what a great addition to this series! Hats off to you guys for getting the sextant working!! Thumbs Up
yoavcool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 10:21:18 AM »

I didn't understand what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried but it didn't work
if someone can give me simple instructions i will be able to fly it
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Bangs Head Duh! Stop Crying or Very sad
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 10:33:57 AM »

I'd be happy to help, but could you please be a little bit more concretely?

EDIT: Did you try to start with the 6.4.3 release version here: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/Project_Apollo_6.4_FAQ ?

Cheers
Tschachim
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 11:08:34 AM by Tschachim » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: