Meadville Space Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2020, 03:28:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Project Apollo - NASSP 6.4.3 released!
http://nassp.sf.net
25068 Posts in 2094 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Apollo Next
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Meadville Space Center
|-+  Project Apollo - NASSP
| |-+  Project Apollo - NASSP Development
| | |-+  Programming (Moderators: movieman, dseagrav, Swatch, lassombra)
| | | |-+  AGC++ reentry help
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: AGC++ reentry help  (Read 25211 times)
Swatch

jasonims
View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2007, 01:00:02 AM »

for whomever is developing the EMS scroll that I uploaded to CVS, these are the important numbers....

along the bottom scale, its 3 pixels from left to right means a reduction of 100 feet per second in velocity.
along the up/down scale, it's roughly 13.5 pixels from top to bottom for an increase of 1G

I'm working on the Lunar one, but it will be mostly the same stuff and use the same scale.

If anyone is wondering, the test section and entry instructions are pretty much slightly cleaned up scans of actual scrolls, but the actual reentry graph is freshly drawn to make the scale match up with pixels, this means it's slightly longer than a real copy of the same height.  It has been properly scaled however and this shouldn't be an issue.

My Project Apollo Work:
CM Visual
 -VC (~75% complete: texture work beginning again; mesh-78%; texture-70%)
Propulsion Particle Improvements (Focused on S1B right now, BETA 1.0 has been commited)
New Docking Method (~50% complete: research complete; coding partially completed, testing not underway)

Future Work:  (if it's here, it's deemed unnecessary to upcoming release)

Older Work:  (if it's here, it's fair game to whoever wants to improve)
EMS Implementation (committed: minor flaws, but groundwork is there, needs extensive testing)
EMS scrolls (committed: not refined, but usable)
SM Visual (committed: mesh-finished, texture-60%; possibly revisited in future)
J2 Texture (commited: room for improvement)
LRV (committed: mesh-finished, texture-90%; in future a ground up rebuild may be in order, but not on my plans)
Coussini
Project Team Member

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2007, 10:24:29 AM »

On page 3 of this thread, about half way down, there are two scenarios attached.

Regards

Thanks  Thumbs Up

Have a nice day
dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2007, 05:46:45 PM »

As you can see here in the revision history we've lost versions 1.68 to 1.72 of CSMcomputer.cpp, so the VAGC is broken in the latest CVS version.
I already prepared a fixed version I'm going to commit together with the SPS TVC stuff the next days, I just need to do a couple of tests, then everything should be working again. Happy

Am I going to screw you up if I put back the changes to CSMcomputer, or at least the vAGC time acceleration fix? I need it.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2007, 05:55:16 PM »

Yeah, this really need to be fixed. Put back the time acceleration fix, I think I can live with the CVS conflicts and sort them out on my site. Happy

Cheers
Tschachim

dseagrav

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2007, 07:18:42 PM »

I committed it back. Hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble.
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2007, 11:36:06 AM »

No problems here, I committed my stuff, too, so all CMC (and CVS) issues should be fixed now!

Cheers
Tschachim

Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2007, 02:45:50 PM »

Small test flight report using the "Apollo 7 final reentry" scenario (available on page 3 of this thread), just to praise Chode's great work Happy: Altogether the entry was much smoother (presumably because of the fixed CM jets), the CM banked several times and seemed to follow the commanded bank angles very well.

The numbers actual (predicted):
Latitude: 29.99N (30.02N)
Longitude: 59.11W (59.00W)
max. G: slightly over 4 on the meter at the "2nd peak" (4.38)

Range to target was 11.5km, which looks fine for me (though it's higher than the 5km Chode posted). Despite the fact I'm no entry expert I want to thank you, Chode, for your great job, it looks like I arrived back home alive and "unburnt".  Happy Thumbs Up

Cheers
Tschachim

legion

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2007, 11:20:46 AM »

err.. can i still make a reentry with the entry checklist from the doc-folder?
a little problem is that i didnt find 'BASE-SYNCHRO_MFD' with its 'ENC>closest passage function' anywhere.
even on imfd i didnt find this function.
i would try chodes way too but cant do a cvs update right now....(my nassp seems to be antique already)
help with the base sync mfd is as always welcome.

legion
Tschachim
Project Apollo - NASSP
Administrator

nassp.sf.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »

Jarmo's BaseSyncMFD? Look here and scroll down: http://koti.mbnet.fi/jarmonik/Orbiter.html

Cheers
Tschachim

legion

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »

hi tschachim,
and thanx again. the whole orbiter universe seems so big at present, and i searched so much sites....
but now im really looking foreward to do a proper reentry especially with your(?) checklist and the beautifull sm breakup. the pics looked fantastic.... Thumbs Up >hope this is feature is availeble in vagc apollo7 mission. we'll see   Wink

legion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: