Meadville Space Center Forum Index Meadville Space Center
Know the future through the past

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virtual AGC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Meadville Space Center Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
movieman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no TLI program in the Apollo 8 AGC, and I don't think we have automated 'ground-controlled' TLI available yet.... of course I may have missed that Smile.
Tschachim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like movieman is too fast for me today... Wink

Not yet, the Apollo 8 software (Colossus 249) has no TLI burn program. Hopefully LazyD will help us again with the Saturn IU, which does the TLI burn in reality, and with a tool to calculate burn data for P30 for the MCCs, LOI etc.

Cheers
Tschachim
mikaelanderlund

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tschachim and Movieman for your quick answer! Yes I know TLI was not included in the program but besides that, is it possible to go to moon and back? I mean for the TLI and LOI I can use IMDF or sameting like that. But for the rest of the trip only vAGC?

Mikael
Tschachim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't try, but this should be possible, if you change the realism mode to "Quickstart" in the Apollo 8 launch scenario (add a "REALISM 0" line as in the Apollo 11 quickstart scenario). Then you can control the SIVB by yourself and use the CSM in the "Orbiter way". Theoretically you can use VAGC P37 for trans earth coast MCC's if you're outside the lunar SOI and do the reentry with the VAGC. AFAIR nobody tried that, it will take some time since max. time acceleration for the VAGC is about 10x and I doubt that state vector integration is precise enough to do such a long flight without realignment, but it would be interesting, of course...

Cheers
Tschachim
mikaelanderlund

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will try it Very Happy . One small step for NASSP 7.0 but a reel big one for me Smile

Mikael
dseagrav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW as far as I can tell using the COAS alignment trick doesn't slow anything down at all; I forgot to do the alignment before dropping the S4B a few test runs ago and did it with the SCS and CSM alone; I only cheated by using the killrot key. The computer didn't seem to care and did its thing as normal. I don't see why you couldn't realign during a mission the same way.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Meadville Space Center Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: