ARAKANESE ORGANIZATION JOINTLY HELD 57TH ANNIVERSARY OF ANTI JAPANESE FASCIST REVOLUTION DAY
It was known that this ceremony was attended by leaders of All Arakan Students and youths congress (AASYC), Arakan League For Democracy (ALD), National United Party of Arakan (NUPA), Arakan Liberation Party (ALP), Arakan Labour Association in Exile (ALAE), Rakhaing Women Union (RWU), Rakhaing Overseas in Exile (ROE) and individuals, estimated sixty participants.
Though it was formerly arranged to demonstrate against SPDC's ( Military Junta) alteration of anti Japanese fascist revolutionary day into SPDC's Army day at press club, the programme was dropped of because the
It is said that in this ceremony representatives of participating organizations gave speeches and a statement about 57th anniversary of anti Japanese fascist revolutionary day was also issued.
It was written the following demands in the statement.
(1) Abolish fascism exercised by the military clique.
(2) Release immediately Aung San Suu Kyi, Arakanese leaders, U Aye Tha Aung, U Tha Ban and all political prisoners.
(3) Held tripartite dialogue among SPDC, opposition democratic forces led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and nationalities representatives.
(4) Legalize Arakan League for Democracy(ALD) supported by majority of the people of Arakan, which has been illegalised.
(5) Withdraw SPDC forces deployed in Arakan, which have being given a great burden to the people of Arakan.#