[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index
Current situation in Burma (r)
Current situation in Burma
Since the 6th of December, there are more than 500 students and
activists have been arrested by the Slorc military intelligence.
Some are the NLD members of Rangoon division.
More than 50 of the NLD members are still detained in the Slorc
military intelligence detention centers since the 6th of
December. The following are the list of detained NLD members in
1. Cher Ttaik (M)-San Chaung township member of the NLD,
2. Khin Mar Cho (f)-San Chaunf township member of the NLD,
3. Thida Myint (f)- San Chauhg township member of the NLD,
4. Ma Cho (f)- San Chaung township member of the NLD,
5. Kyi Kyi Win (f)- Kyi Myin Daing township member of the NLD,
6. Mya Shwe (m)- San Chaung township member of the NLD,
7. Tin Aye (m)- South Okkalapa township member of the NLD,
8. Nyi Nyi Naing (m)- Taung Okkalapa township member of the NLD,
9. U Kyaw (m) Insein township member of the NLD,
10. Khaing Ko (m)-Insein township member of theNLD,
11. Khin Maung Oo (m)- North Okkalapa township member of teh NLD.
This afternoon, round about 12:30 or 1:00 pm, the Slorc security
personals have started to use tear gas and fired one shot in the
air against the demonstrators in Rangoon, said the witnesses in
Three days ago, an police officer from No.(8) Police station of
Mandalay, upper Burma, was shot death by an officer from Wa
On 4th December, the Buddhist monks from Mandalay have announced
that "All Buddhist Monk Union" was reestablished in Mandalay.