[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index
Information Sheet No. A-0016
- Subject: Information Sheet No. A-0016
- From: OKKAR66127@xxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 03:34:00
(1) Mrs. Aris and U Kyi Maung ( Central Executive Committee
member of the National League for Democracy) had lunch at the
residence of the French Ambassador Mr. B. Pottier in the afternoon
of 31st Jan. 1997.
(2) In the afternoon of the 3rd of Feb. Mrs. Aris held a press
conference at her University Avenue residence. This event was
attended by local, foreign correspondents and some embassy
(3) On the 4th of Feb. the (2) elected MPs of the National League
for Democracy who were expelled from the party on the 6th of Jan.
1997 held a press conference together this morning. The (2) MPs
who were expelled were U Than Tun (Dedaye Township) and U Thein
Kyi (Taung Twin Gyi Township) and the meeting was held at U Than
Tun's residence in Yangon. This event was attended by local and
Source: Myanmar Authority Concerned.