Sibley coming to Raleigh

Howdy!

For those of you who missed him last year (or want to see him again!)
when he was on his book tour in Durham, Chapel Hill, and the Carolina
Bird Club meeting in Southern Pines, David Sibley is returning to the
Triangle area next Thursday. David will be talking and signing books at
Quail Ridge Books (828-1588) on Wade Avenue in Raleigh, October 17, at 7
pm. He has a new book, "Sibley's Birding Basics: How to identify birds
using the clues in feathers, habitats, behaviors, and sounds." It's
described as a book for novice to expert birders. His website
(www.sibleyart.com) gives a list of his book tour. Raleigh is the only
Carolina area he's visiting this time, so far.

Did you know he also has a syndicated column, distributed nationally by
the New York Times? I plan on contacting my local paper to see if they
can carry the column.

Maybe I'll see some of you next week! Happy birding!

Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC
chickadeebirders@earthlink.net