[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mystery(?) bird photo quiz
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: mystery(?) bird photo quiz
- From: Fitzbew@aol.com
- Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:35:42 -0400
- Resent-date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:54:09 -0500
- Resent-from: "Will Cook" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-message-id: <200210281455.JAA03727@niven.acpub.duke.edu>
- Resent-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
You just canít tell whatís going to happen around here.
After my wife (Tricia) got to work today, she overhead some coworkers discussing a dead bird they had found on a sidewalk which had apparently (and unfortunately!) flown into a window.
Tricia retrieved the specimen, but was puzzled as to which species the bird belonged. She called me and gave me a verbal description, but it didnít help. Out came the digital camera, jpegs were emailed, and soon we were both looking at the same pictures.
We are now 99.9% sure as to the species, but as always independent verification is appreciated. Weíd love to hear the species to which Carolinabirders think this poor bird belongs. (No, Iím not going to tell you what we think it is.)
The specimen was found this morning (Mon 10-7-02) in Henderson, NC.
Here are links to 2 photos (use all lower case):
You can respond to me privately if you wish, or share your ID with Carolinabirders --- I guess depending on your level of confidence!
Iíll share the results after I get enough to get enough to justify it.
Wake Forest, NC