Foothill Birds

I did some birding this morning before church.  I checked the boat access on
Lookout Shoals Lake and found 9 Lesser Scaup, 12 Ring-necked Ducks, 2
Boneparte's Gulls, and 4 Ring-billed Gulls.  I then stopped by Riverbend
Park in northern Catawba Co. to check the river for birds.  There I was very
surprised to find a VERY late Northern Rough-winged Swallow feeding over the
water.  I watched it for five minutes or so and it was defiantly at
rough-winged.    After church I went up to W. Kerr Scott Dam near
Wilkesboro.  I found a few good birds there including 6 Dunlin.  I got a few
photos of them and you can view them here:
http://www.geocities.com/foothillsbirdclub/dunlin.html  I also found a
couple of Vesper and Savannah Sparrows.  It was a very nice day.

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Conover, NC