[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Swallows--Tree, Barn and Cave
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Swallows--Tree, Barn and Cave
- From: "Lloyd Moon" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:27:14 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
A belated report.
I found all three swallows at Santee Coastal Reserve yesterday, Friday
12-6-02, about 1030.
There was a "group" of perhaps 25-30 swallows that I observed working one
corner of an impoundment for at least 10 minutes. It was a loose
arrangement with not more than 4-5 birds in sight in the corner at one time,
sometimes momentarily none. Most were Tree Swallows. I identified five Barn
Swallows and three Cave Swallows, all singly, so that with probable repeat
performances I'd guess there were maybe three Barn Swallows and two Cave
Swallows that I was seeing.
Other than this group, I saw probably a dozen other swallows--the few that I
identified were Tree Swallows.
Sumter, S. C.