bird haters?

Dear C-Birders,

I am confused and disturbed by some folks' sentiment that birds are "nasty creatures." I cannot begin to fathom the resoning behind this notion. Some will say that birds carry diseases; others are repulsed by bird droppings. However, in my mind, a bird's beauty and charm so greatly outweighs any negative aspect.

What should I say to the next person who tells me "birds are nasty"? I would love to have a great comeback, but I'm usually too stunned to say anything. Anyone else ever been in this situation?

Forever a bird-lover,
Leah

Leah Campbell
Cornwell, SC
faeriemaiden@hotmail.com

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become a part of the silence." Robert Lynd