[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Alligator Refuge Christmas count
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Alligator Refuge Christmas count
- From: jeff lewis <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 05:07:52 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2nd annual Alligator Refuge Christmas Count (in
Dare County) went over without a hitch on Sunday, Dec
22. There were 18 participants who enjoyed a good day
of birding; it was a good count.
We found a total of 114 species. We had no
ultra-rarities but did have plenty of good stuff. Best
birds were: 14 Northern Gannets, 1 Blue-winged Teal,
10 Bald Eagles, 1 Rough-legged Hawk, 2 Peregrine
Falcons, 2 King Rails, 8 Virginia Rails, 4 Short-eared
Owls, 1 Western Kingbird, 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 2
Prairie Warblers, 1 Black-and-White Warbler, 1
White-crowned Sparrow, 16 Rusty Blackbirds and 1
Mammals seen included Black Bears, a Red Wolf, a Mink,
River Otters, and a Red Bat.
Many thanks to those individuals who helped with this
count. See you next year!
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.