Wild & Wonderful in W-S, March 15th

Hi, Carolinabirds Folks!  On this wintry day I thought I'd post this
press release about a wildlife fair our local Audubon group will
co-sponsor with SciWorks on March 15th.  Vendors include the Carolina
Raptor Center.  We will also have birdwalks.  Please plan to join us!

AUDUBON SOCIETY OF FORSYTH COUNTY
HOSTS WILDLIFE FAIR AT SCIWORKS ON MARCH 15, 2003

Winston-Salem, NC - The Audubon Society of Forsyth County (ASFC) will
host a
wildlife and nature fair (ASFC's Wild & Wonderful!) at SciWorks, the
Science
Center and Environmental Park of Forsyth County from 11 a.m. until 5
p.m. on
Saturday, March 15, 2003.  ASFC's Wild & Wonderful! is a unique
educational
opportunity for all children and their families in the
Winston-Salem/Forsyth
County area. The fair will feature exhibition booths, live animals, and
scheduled and impromptu talks from organizations that are dedicated to
the
preservation and conservation of wildlife and the natural environment in

North Carolina.  The general public is invited to attend (at no charge),

and learn about other life with which we share our environment, increase

their appreciation of the importance of our natural diversity, and
discover
ways they, their families and friends can help maintain that diversity.

Here are a few of the things that will be featured at ASFC's Wild &
Wonderful!:
- View live hawks and owls, as the Carolina Raptor Center explains
their role in our environment and adaptive behavior
- Get close to live snakes and mammals at a demonstration by Wildlife
Rehab, Inc.
- Take part in nature-oriented craft activities presented by SciWorks
- Stroll on guided bird walks (weather permitting)
- Learn about camping with the Sierra Club
- Find out about local land conservation efforts
- Discover local butterflies and wildflowers

In addition to special presentations, demonstrations and activities of
ASFC's Wild and Wonderful!, admission for all current SciWorks exhibits
and
the environmental park will be FREE!

The Audubon Society of Forsyth County's mission is to conserve and
restore
natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their
habitats
for the benefit of humanity and North Carolina's biological diversity.
ASFC
is dedicated to bringing programs to Forsyth County that will educate
our
citizens and  provide experiences that bring participants up close and
personal with our natural world.  For more information about ASFC,
please
visit our website at http://www.forsythaudubon.org.

Thanks!
Ann Robertson