[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Beaver lake Bird report
- To: "Carolinabirds" <Carolinabirds@duke.edu>
- Subject: Beaver lake Bird report
- From: "SIMON THOMPSON" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:29:50 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: "SIMON THOMPSON" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Boy, winter can be dull in the mountains!! Our monthly Beaver lake Sanctuary
bird walk was held this morning (Feb 1, 2003) and there may have been more
participants than birds!
The highlights..........hmmm! Hard to remember, but many waxwings are always
memorable. Also watching the flock mechanics of crows mobbing a Red-tailed
Hawk was interesting. The lake was still frozen, hence the almost complete
lack of waterfowl! One thing we can look forward to is the March birdwalk
(remember the first Saturday of every month)
Aside from that, it was business as usual with tits, chicks and nuts.
Here's to spring!
PS: If warblers are what you dream about, check the Ventures website for
many spring warbler trips here in the NC mountains.
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours
PO Box 1095
Skyland, NC 28776