Activity in Greenview Heronry

Dear Birders,

Today I noticed some activity in the heronry - three birds among the seven
nests that survived the winter.
Usually the herons begin building (or rebuilding) nests during mid to late
February.

On my morning hike I spotted two tundra swans flying over.  I also found a
raccoon snoozing high in a tree.
I returned home to find my white crowned sparrow on my feeder again.  He's
been showing up on a daily basis lately.

John Argentati
Greenview Pond
Raleigh, North Carolina

Greenview Pond is located on Blaney Franks Road, just west of Lake Wheeler,
in Raleigh North Carolina.  In spite of the fact that it's just a small farm
pond and marsh, the Wake County Audubon Society has observed over 200
species of birds there over the years.

Birders are always welcome to park in front of our house and bird watch from
our property.
We live at 2429 Lullwater Drive overlooking Greenview Pond.  It's a
yellowish house with a triangular window facing the street and a boardwalk
the front door.