Good birds in Black Mountain, NC

My warbler shutout is over!  Went several places hoping to find either a
Yellow Rumped or Pine Warbler but to no avail.   I finally got my first
warbler of the year.  It was a Palm Warbler at Lake Tomahawk in Black
Mountain.  It was in an old gnarly locust tree behind the community gardens.

Some other good birds of note today:

2 Black Duck - in the beaver pond by the entrance to North Fork Reservoir.
2 Ravens  - near the fields by the reservoir.
4 female Hooded Mergansers - in the pond at Camp Dorothy Walls.
4 Green Wings - Lake Tomahawk.

The Ruddy  Ducks, Wood Ducks, and Cinnamon Teal at Lake Tomahawk are all
domestic.  The Tufted Ducks that were introduced have either left of died.
There have been several ducks that died from disease at the lake.

Stu Gibeau
Black Mountain, NC