Re: Big Binoculars for Birding

If you want to go all out, you can go with the Kowa Highlander
which is a tripod mounted binocular made by shoving together
two 82mm Kowa scopebodies with standard 32x eyepieces (50x optional).
Some of my buddies and I had long joked about trying this on our
own but I was surprised to see Kowa actually did it.  I'm sure
this critter isn't cheap though.

Incidently, Kowa also now sells adaptors for connecting several
varieties of digital cameras to their eyepieces for digiscoping.

I haven't tried either, not associated with the company, yada, yada,
yada.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN