Re: Singing Blue-headed Vireo

Way back when I was a boy bird watcher, the eastern taxon was called
Blue-headed & the western, I believe was called the Solitary..the 2 taxa
were then lumped & all called Solitary... & now split into 3. If Solitary
were to remain as a trivial name, it should designate one of the western
races ( actually both of them, which is probably why the name was dropped)