From: Helmut Mueller [mailto:hmuelle@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 9:35 AM
To: CarolinaBirds@duke.edu
Subject: Re: Listing rules for the ABA

The rules say that the bird must be unrestrained for at least 24 hr before
the observation..so mist netted birds do not count.
There goes one of the two world life lists that I keep: my hand list..birds
that I have held alive in my hand.
That leaves me with only one list: birds that I have observed from
commercial flights when the aircraft is off the ground. I started this list
as a  protest to zealous tickers, but to my surprise a number of them now
keep such a list.
The best list that I know of is kept by a friend who will remain anon.: a
list of first life birds seen while making love (I usually have my eyes
closed & have a list of 0 ).

-- Helmut C Mueller

409 Moonridge Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516