Looking to record Purple Martins

Dear Carolina Birds-L

I've joined your list as a lifelong birder/naturalist an nature sound
recordist. I'm based out of Durham, NC and would like to find a great
location for digitally recording Purple Martins in stereo. Ideally a spot a
few miles beyond blacktop (5 or so miles from busy asphalt would be great).
I've one or two leads from a Purple Martin website, but would like to find
a spot within an hour or 2 from Durham if possible. It might be a good idea
to respond to me off list if these sites with any specifics as a means of
respecting colony owners concerns..

Thanks in advance,