Odd "Bluebird"

Hey Carolina Birders,

Due to the nasty weather here along the coast today, I decided to take the
day off (from birding, that is).  Nevertheless, I still *had* to glance at
the feeders occasionally.  As I passed by the back window just a few minutes
ago, I noticed the male Bluebird that has recently claimed ownership of the
suet feeder just pecking away.  However, there was another "Bluebird" just a
foot away on the tube feeder filled with mixed seed.  This second bird was
almost as brightly colored as the first, yet still somewhat different.
Something didn't make sense.  I immediately wondered why one male Bluebird
would allow another to feed just inches away when the first had already
staked claim to the area including the Bluebird box in the corner of the
yard.  A closer look at the pair would provide the answer.  Although the
first was indeed "our" resident male Eastern Bluebird, the second was a
first year male Indigo Bunting.... the first of the year (for me anyway).
It seems as though new birds are showing up every day now.  I just love this
stuff!

Good Birding!
Ritch Lilly
Myrtle Beach, SC