Re: Mason Farm

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Paula Jeannet Mangiafico wrote:

> Haven't heard much lately about the Mason Farm preserve - has anyone been
> birding there recently?  Does one still need a permit to visit there?

Hi C-birders,

At last check, you need not only a permit, but also a magnetic card to
open the gate. The gate was up for a few weeks for repairs at some point,
but I think it's back down now. You can pick up a card and permit at the
Totten Center of the North Carolina Botanical Garden not far away from
Mason Farm; hours and directions are on-line at
http://www.ncbg.unc.edu/info.htm
and they give a phone number for Mason Farm information: 919-962-0522

And for those who are landscaping their yards with bird- and butterfly-
attracting native plants, they also have a daily plant sale behind the
Totten Center too.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose