first hummer / spring birds

Dear Carolina Birders,

This morning, while walking around the yard to check the progress of my garden, I spotted my first hummer of the season! I quickly went inside to fill the feeder with fresh sugar-water. My handsome hummer appeared for a drink within fifteen minutes.

Other birds I heard or saw today included my first white-eyed vireo, northern parula, and field sparrow of the year.

Happy birding!!!
Leah

p.s. The bee-balm in my garden is looking very lush. Hopefully there will be a bounty of blooms this year!

Leah Campbell
Cornwell, SC
faeriemaiden@hotmail.com

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become a part of the silence." Robert Lynd