Chapel Hill spring count - May 4

It's that time of year again!  We're a little late organizing the spring
counts this year, but the migrants should be arriving right on schedule.

For folks not familiar with spring bird counts, the methodology is exactly
the same as the Christmas bird counts, but the weather's usually a lot nicer
and you don't have to pay to participate.  They've been organized by the
Carolina Bird Club since the 1950's -- Chapel Hill's first one was in 1952
(conducted annually since 1957).

The Chapel Hill count is on Sunday, May 4.  To sign up, please contact me
ASAP.  For full details on the count, including assignments, count area map,
procedures, and forms, see http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/

The schedule and contacts for the other local counts are listed at:
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/chbc/countsched.html

4/27/03 - Durham Spring Bird Count
5/4/03 - Chapel Hill SBC
5/10/03 - Wake County Spring North American Migration Count
5/11/03 - Jordan Lake SBC

Happy spring,

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu