RCW AND "WHITE" TURKEY

Art and I are planning to go to the Sandhills the weekend of April 18,
19 etc.  We have received info before from folks recommending Weymouth
Woods for the RCW as well as the Sandhills.  In reading our various
sources it seems the birds will be nesting by then, but no young yet.
What is the behaviour at this time?  How early should we be near the
clusters to catch sights of the RCW?  We've tried in the past and no
luck!!

Want to mention that today we stopped to view a small group of turkeys
in a field near Enka, NC and there was a very white turkey in the
group.  Not completely white, but mostly white.

Thanks for anyone's input.

Art and Bev Hudson
Hendersonville, NC