Finding birds near Waynesville NC and PIsgah NF

Anna (see below) contacted us about birding in Waynesville and in the Pisgah
National Forest. Can anyone be of help to her? Thanks. Anna's e-mail address
is abhoopoe@worldnet.att.net

Charlotte
Charlotte Goedsche
Weaverville NC
goedsche@mindspring.com

  My husband and I are planning to visit the Great Smokie Mountains the
first week in May.  We will be spending a couple of days in North Carolina
in the Waynesville area and need to know where to find birds in that area.
I have checked the internet on birding in North Carolina and have found
several locations--  Lake Junaluska and Mount Pisgah for example.  Since you
live there perhaps you have a favorite place or know of a good birding area
along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
   We have experience birding but have not been in your area to bird.  We
would appreciate your pointing us in the direction of interesting birding -
and wildflowering.
   Thank you for your help.

Anna Helton