Lake Crabtree County Park

Hi all,

I spent my lunch hour at Lake Crabtree (Wake County, NC).  Much like Joe and
Karen Bearden experienced yesterday, the landbirding was pretty slow.  The
only sure migrants I scared up were a WOOD THRUSH and a pair of OVENBIRDS
(well, those and the abundant BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS).  Also noted the
several COMMON LOONS out on the lake, they are most certainly handsome
critters to be sure.

Here's to hoping things pick up around here,

Sandy Cash
Durham, NC

"The time for change is here and here we are, we're just for you!" -