Warbling Vireo & E. Kingbird

I heard a Warbling Vireo @ Cowans Ford WR (north of Charlotte) on Thursday,
and saw my first E. Kingbirds of the season @ Coddle Creek Res. (Hwy 136
bridge).

Strangely quiet at CFWR - not a single bird on the ponds. (This was
~1300-1430) Pair of Black Vultures aloft along with the more numerous Turks.
Otherwise, just the usual suspects.

Ospreys (4 of them) were very active and vocal both at the nest and
surrounds at Coddle Crk. by the bridge.  I saw a solitary female Red-winged
Blackbird on a wire just before she flew into the scrub in the NE quadrant.
Female RWBLs are usually in groups and/or fairly reclusive. Coupla'
Cormorants, a solitary coot, and a pair of Honkers were the only waterfowl
in evidence.  Boy!  Is that place flooded!

Also, there was a male N. Harrier on a wire beside Davidson-Concord Rd.
about midway between Hwy 136 and Davidson.  Gave me three good looks as I
drove past three times (there was no shoulder in the area on which to pull
off).  Saw him fly, too, exposing his white rump.

Cheers! 7;^)
Tomm "baker-man" Lorenzin
Mooresville (Lake Norman), NC
skytomm(at)1000plus.com