Plantersville and Punchbowl landing

Hi Folks,
Yesterday, Paul Rogers and I joined Dave Gustafson and Bill Lanham in
going to the clear cuts in Plantersville, Georgetown County and
Punchbowl Landing Road in Horry County.  It was a cloudy day with
intermitant drizzle and a bit on the windy side.  Nonetheless we id'd a
number of birds.  Our visits were from 8:10 to about 12:30PM.  All told
39 species.  One real tough bird to find on the outer coast was well
seen briefly by me with only flyby looks fot the others. First number
Plantersille and second number Punchpole

Great Egret-0-3
Cattle Egret-8 while traveling
Canada Goose-numbers heard from Punchbowl
Mallard-2-0
Black Vulture-4-2
Turkey Vulture-1-2
Red-shouldered Hawk-0-1
Red-tailed Hawk-while traveling
Wild Turkey-8-1
Mourning Dove-1-0
Yellow billed Cuckoo-0-2 heard only
Chimney Swift-1-0
Pileated Woodpecker-0-2
Acadian Flycatcher-0-5 including a pair at the nest with one adult
feeding the other while it was incubating
E. Kingbird-1-0
Purple Martin-1-0
Tree Swallow-1-0
Am. Crow-1-0
Fish Crow-1-0
Carolina Chickadee-0-1
Tufted Titmouse-0-1 heard only
Carolina Wren-0-1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-0-2
Wood Thrush-1-2 heard only
Gray Catbird-2-0
N. Mockingbird-1-2
Brown Tharsher-1-0
White-eyed Vireo-0-4 heard only
Red-eyed Vireo-1-3 heard only
Pine Warbler-0-2
Prairie Warbler-4-1
Swainson's Warbler-0-3 heard only
KENTUCKY WARBLER-0-1 a briefly but well seen male it was following or
being followed by an assumed young bird (hope it was not a Cowbird)
Common Yellowthroat-3-0
Yellow-breasted Chat-5-0
Summer Tanager-0-3
N. Cardinal-1-3