Warbler Songs resource

An excellent resource for identifying odd warbler songs is the following
(I copied the info from the Cornell web site):

>>Songs of the Warblers of North America
by Donald J. Borror and William W. H. Gunn
An audio guide to 57 species of North American warblers. Included are
281 examples of songs, and call notes for 48 species. This high-fidelity
marvel provides a more detailed look at the repertoires and dialects of
this group. Useful for both beginners and serious birders, and a
necessity for any "warbler watcher." An accessory booklet providing
sonograms and a "key" to sound identification is available separately.

2-Cassette set $19.95 <<

Cynthia and I own the LP records and copied them onto cassettes back in
the days when we had access to a record player (a what??). Wish they
were available on CD. The "accessory booklet" came with them, and is
very helpful. I would recommend that anyone interested in the cassettes
purchase the booklet separately.

Under the discussion of the songs of the Hooded Warbler the booklet
mentions that some "relatively uncommon patterns...have been found only
in the southeastern states."

Charlotte Goedsche
Weaverville NC
goedsche@mindspring.com