Santee Delta & Hampton Plantation

Hi C'birders,
On Monday morning June 30th Bob Maxwell and I   birded at the Santee
Delta WMA in Georgetown County, and at Hampton Plantation in Charleston
County, SC.
Our target birds were Least Bittern and Swallow-tailed Kite.  We both
needed them for the year list.  We got the bittern at the Delta.  But as
last time no Swallow-taileds just Mississippi Kites. Other interesting
birds were Summer Tanager at Hampton Plantation, Anhinga and Wood Stork.
23 species which can be looked at on e-bird. Oh yeah, on the way home a
Swallow-tailed sailed past right in front of me on route 544 in the
Socastee section of Horry County. Sometimes you just get very lucky.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC