Winged Migration & Painted Bunting

I saw Winged Migration in DC about three weeks ago.  There is some breath
taking photography and some amazing sequences.  Overall I really enjoyed it.
There is very little "talking" just what is necessary to identify a species and
give the pertinent information about it's migration.  There were a few
sequences that looked kind of "staged" and I guess the film makers have admitted that
they "imprinted" some of the birds to follow and fly along side some of the
various aircraft that were used.  Not sure how I feel about that. Have also read
some of the "industrial" scenes were "doctored".  Anyway, there's lots of
beautiful, beautiful footage of natures most amazing creatures.
A second item.  Anyone who wants to see a painted bunting... I just got back
from a week at Topsail.  Before I went, I asked Eric Dean where I might see
painted bunting  as it was a lifer for me.  He suggested the foot of the big
Sneads Ferry Bridge (island side) early in the a.m., listen for them and then
look on the wires.  Said he hadn't been there in many years but they used to be
pretty reliable there.  Well on Tues. a.m. I went out there about 7:15 a.m. and
by 7:25 there he was singing at the top of his lungs on top of a tall stump
adjacent to the parking lot of the North Topsail Beach Police station/Town
Hall.  Very visible and very cooperative.  On Thursday I went out to Orton
Plantation and once in the gardens just past the house, I heard a painted bunting
singing.  He was about 30 feet from me just above my head.  Over the next four
hours or so, I got many good looks at him and he was very activn the area.  ONe
of the grounds people came by and saw my binoculars and asked if I had seen
the bunting.  She said they have seen more this year than ever before.  So any
of you who are interested, $9 admission at Orton, but free at the NTP Town Hall.
Mary Bridges
Goldsboro, NC