2 Reddish Egrets @ Sunset Beach

We had 2 immature Reddish Egrets together at the west end of Sunset Beach
today, one very pale, the other darker and more 2-toned, closer to adult
dark morph coloration. At low tide, they were along a tidal creek just a
short distance into the marshes, reached by turning right from the beach
after the dunes run out. Interestingly, they comprised 50% of the waders
present at this spot (not much else around.) We counted 13 Wood Storks at
Twin Lakes.

Good birding,

Dan Kaplan
Raleigh, NC