Re: Sandhill crane

> Saw the Sandhill crane outside Shelby at the Hooker's farm, Sat.   Mr.
> Hooker was a great bird host.

The Sandhill Crane was still present Sunday at Bill and Anita Hooker's
farm near Shelby (Cleveland Co., NC).  Randy Emmitt and I had a nice long
look at it (first state bird for me in a long time!), though it wasn't
cooperative enough for a photograph.  Thanks to Bill for guiding us to the
bird and Jo Ann Martin for putting out the word.  It's amazing that only
three people came to see it last weekend.

Charles W. "Will" Cook                w 919-660-7409
cwcook@duke.edu                 h 919-967-5446
Duke University Botany Dept., Durham, North Carolina