[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Saw-whet at Mt Pisgah
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Saw-whet at Mt Pisgah
- From: The Shewmakers <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:31:43 -0400
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I spent the weekend at the Mt. Pisgah, NC, camping with Scouts and was
privileged to hear a Northern Saw-whet Owl. I was trapped in the tent
(didn't want to crawl over the wife at 1:00am) so I didn't get to chase
through the woods and try to see it. This is a first me.
I spent the daytime herding Scouts so didn't get to bird much, but the
parkway is loaded with RB nuthatches, and there were many little birds
flitting by that I couldn't take time to identify (frustration!) Not many
things overhead except for a couple of Turkey Vultures, one raven, and a
loan Broad-winged Hawk.