white headed female RT Hummingbird

Folks,

This morning I was looking out my back door and saw in my water garden a
white headed female RTH, she appeared to have a white triangle on the
very top of her head. She visited my butterfly weed and pink salvia
blooms for several mins. Sort of reminded me of bride of frankenstein`s
hair the way it was streaked.......:-)

Then a few mins later while on the phone (why always when your on the
phone?) a Summer Tanager landed on my deck trellis not 6 foot from my
eyes and stared at me for 1-2 mins. Then it perched ontop the birdfeeder
about 20 foot away before going up to the blooms in the front of the
water garden under the feeder. While the tanager was in the front of the
garden there was a Black-throated Blue and a Red-eyed Vireo in the back
of the water garden foraging thru the dinner plate hibiscus leaves! Such
excitment and all while I was on the phone! I grabbed the binocs and
went outside to find no birds at all.....................

--
Randy Emmitt
birdcr@concentric.net