Web hints at more winter irruptors on the way...

Hi Carolinabirders,

Finally had time to catch up on Jack Siler's web-site since it came
back on-line. Things to chew on:

1. Massachusetts is having a banner year for Pine Siskins, with flocks
of 20 or more at several folks' feeders.

2. Cape May had its earliest report ever of Rough-legged Hawk, and two
RLHA's have been reported from the TX Gulf Coast!

3. A shrike, not identified to species, has been reported in the Ithaca
NY area. It's most likely a Northern Shrike, if so a very early one.

4. An owl banding station in Maine is getting Northern Saw-whet Owls at
triple the rate they caught them last year, and they had their best
night ever - 38 owls - last week. They are having their best season
ever, but I'm not sure how many years the station has been in operation.
Still...

And we're already enjoying the fruits of the Red-breasted Nuthatch
irruption this year. Keep those feeders clean and stocked, and keep an
eye peeled for those raptors!

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose