feeder birds VS flooding

Hey Carolina Birders,

I work at a WBU store in Virginia Beach. Today I had a customer in the store
that lives in Franklin,VA where there was LOTS of flooding from the
hurricanes like what NC people suffered from. She has noticed that she has
had very few birds at her feeder. Most of the flooding was in the downtown
area and really didn't affect her yard. She was wondering if the flooding and
storms had anything to do with it. I told her I would ask other people in NC
that had been through similar circumstances. Any comments out there?
Karen Beatty
Virginia Beach, VA