[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Black Duck-Mallad Hybrids in N. Durham Co.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Black Duck-Mallad Hybrids in N. Durham Co.
- From: Tom Krakauer <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:12:16 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Sunday Janet and I went to the beaver pond along Roxboro Road (w. side)
which is located N. of the Little river Bridge, and S. of South Lowell Rd.
We saw 6 pair of Mallard-type ducks at least 4 of which were mallard-black
hybrids. Having read the storm of letters to the editor in this months
Birding magazine, I realize now that I didn't look closely enough, and
without the proper field guide with me, I did not check to determine the
parentage of the females. Mea culpa.