Northern Horry Count 12-4

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Yesterday, Dec. 4 Gary Phillips and myself birded in Northern Horry Count,
SC.  Hoping to find good birds (rarer sparrows) in the fields and wood
edges.  No luck. We went looking again for the putative Sandhill Crane at
the North Myrtle Beach Airport which reportedly has been there for 10 days.
-No luck. I spoke on the phone to the person who saw the bird and she
certainly described an adult Sandhill but I'm beginning to think perhaps
she is misidentifying Great Blue's.
At any rate here is what I and Gary saw.
Pied-billed Grebe-2
Double-crested Cormorant-2
Turkey Vulture-3
Red-tailed Hawk-3
Am. Kestrel-3
Killdeer-2 heard only
Ring-billed Gull-15
Rock Dove-100
Mourning Dove-2
Eastern Phoebe-2
Am. Crow-4
Carolina Chickadee-2
Tufted Titmouse-2
Carolina Wren-3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-2
E. Bluebird-7
Hermit Thrush-1
N. Mockingbird-2
Loggerhead Shrike-2
Eur. Starling-20
Blue-headed Vireo-2
Yellow-rumped Warbler-6
Pine Warbler-2
Palm Warbler-2
Field Sparrow-2
Song Sparrow-6
Swamp Sparrow-10
White-throated Sparrow-5
E. Meadowlark-2
House Finch-1 female
House Sparrow-3

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net