From: Lex Glover <bglvr@CLEMSON.EDU>
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu <carolinabirds@duke.edu>
Date: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 2:40 PM
Subject: SC Snow Bunting Update

Carolinabirders,

The Snow Bunting, found on the York/Rock Hill CBC on Saturday,
was still there today. The bird is at Ebenezer Park on Lake Wylie
in York County.

I found the bird first thing this AM (about 7:30/8:00) along the shore
of the lake. (Note - careful when approaching the shore as the bird
maybe along the edge of the grass and you are likely to flush it
before you know it.) At one point I had backed off from the bird and
was moving to get another angle of view and I flushed several
Killdeer. The bunting jumped up and flew around with the Killdeer. It
followed the Killdeer over to an island off of the point. You definitely
need a scope to view the bird if it is on the island.

Good Birding,          lex

Lex Glover
Lugoff, SC
(803) 438-9855