Upcoming Winter Pelagic Trips

Dear Carolinabirders,

With the holidays behind us, I wanted to remind folks that we still have
room on most of our winter pelagic trips from Virginia and North
Carolina. Our trip from Virginia Beach on February 12(13) is full, but
if there is sufficient interest, we may be able to book a second boat
for that weekend.

The other dates are as follows: January 15(16), Jan. 22(23), and Jan.
29(30) from Virginia Beach; February 5(6) from Wanchese (Oregon Inlet),
NC and Feb. 22(23) from Hatteras, NC both on the Miss Hatteras. All are
Saturday trips with Sunday weather dates and each trip $85/ person.

In years past all of these trips have been good for Great Skuas and
alcids, with the Va. Beach trips being more consistent for Dovekie. The
No. Carolina trips are a longer drive for most, but the boat ride there
is much shorter and the birding can be great with TEN great Skuas on one
trip there in '97. Our Wanchese trip last year produced two Atlantic
Puffins and trips from both Wanchese and Hatteras last year were good
for Manx Shearwater.

For more info about these trips including trip lists from TWENTY-NINE
previous winter trips, visit our site on the Web at
http://www.patteson.com/, where we also have a schedule of our spring
and summer 2000 trips as well as dozens of quality images of seabirds,
including some species poorly represented in the available literature.

Lastly, for those who think that they have seen it all, one of last
year's winter trips here found a Black-browed Albatross and a trip many
years ago off Maryland had a Yellow-nosed Albatross.

If you are interested in any of our upcoming trips, please send an
e-mail or phone me at (252) 986-1363.

Best,

Brian Patteson
Brian@Patteson.com