Coastal Birding

Thanks to all of those who gave me suggestions on the best spots to go.  I'm
still undecided, but am personally leaning towards the NC trip - Mattamuskeet,
Swan Quarter, Okrakoke, Hattaras, but may do it the other way around so that if
we leave from Okrakoke in the a.m. we will have the sun at our backs as we head
towards Swan Quarter.  I did this trip once before and enjoyed it very much.
Although I like HBSP, I've done that trip several times and so am leaning
towards something I've done less.  I'm surprised no one voted for Savannah NWR.
I went there once and enjoyed it very much - nice ambience, wild and peaceful
and few people.  I guess the CBC meeting is in that area at the same time and,
who knows, we may decide to do that.  Anyway, I'm going to leave the final
decision up to my brother since he's the visitor.  I'll show him all of your
suggestions.
One last thing, regarding the suggestion to get Robin Carter's book on birding
in SC, I have been looking for that book for almost two years and have not
found any copies for sale.  I even asked Robin Carter himself once where I
could get a copy and he didn't know.  Evidently it was not reprinted after the
first set.  Too bad.  When they list books for sale by state in the ABA
directory there's never anything for SC other than the thing for Hilton Head.
What's the story?  No chance of a second printing?  Anyone know where I could
get a copy?  Thanks, Marilyn Westphal/Hendersonville
 email: mjwestphal@unca.edu