[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Carolina Birds <email@example.com>
- Subject: P-slope flycatcher
- From: Scott Hartley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:34:50 -0500
- Organization: Weymouth Woods SNP
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi from the snowy sandhills - thought you all might be interested in a
little info on our west coast visitor's latin name, Empidonax difficillis.
Empidonax is Latin from the Greek emphis or empidos for mosquito and
anax for king. This from a belief that it consumes lots of mosquitos. difficillis
is Latin for difficult (to observe) - which was the case for me on
both my breif tries this weekend!
Weymouth Woods - SNP
Southern Pines, NC