Re: [Blizzard Victim, Phoebe]

"Tom Krakauer" <tkrakauer@mindspring.com> wrote:

> We havn't seen "our bluebirds"  since monday.  We usually see 6-10 on the
wires around the house.

Well, I don't usually have bluebirds, but yesterday a flock of 7 were
eating pokeberries from two huge weeds I saved for the birds this year!

There have been large numbers of purple finches, goldfinches, and
sparrows (song, field, and fox) around the feeder this morning.  Guess
they are stocking up for the next storm.  Siskins were here last week but have
departed.

Tammy Campbell
East Lincoln County
North Carolina