Lake Hickory birds on Friday

Hi all!

I had a chance to bird a little at Lake Hickory on my way to a meeting
yesterday (Friday 28th).  At Gunpowder access were a lot of Ring-billed
Gulls, Coots, Ring-necked duck, a couple of scaup and a female goldeneye
(which I just saw that Dwayne and Lori saw this morning).  Over at Lovelady
access were good numbers of Pied-billed Grebes (8), coots, ring-bills, and
several Bonaparte's Gulls, mallards.  Also red-tailed hawk and a Kestrel.
This is a good spot and not very far off of 321.  Thanks Dwayne and Lori for
your post from last year with the directions to all of those areas!

Waiting for more snow in Boone.

Curtis Smalling
Ecos of the Blue Ridge
Watauga Hotline 828-265-0198