Bear Is WMA, Colleton Co., SC

Yesteray afternoon, my ornithology class visited Bear Is WMA.
 We spent most of the
time at Mary's House Pond near headquarters.  The pond was partialy drawn down
and filled with White Ibis and shorebirds.  The highlight were  6 Amer.
Avocets.  The eagle nest across from the pond was active.  There were Glossy
Ibis in the West unit and we saw 1 Eurassain Collared-Dove at Bennett's Point.
On the way back up Bennett's Pt Road we had a great look at a male Wild
Turkey near Airy Hall Plantation.

Cheers
 Dennis M. Forsythe                   Internet:  forsythed@citadel.edu
 Department of Biology
 The Citadel                             Voice:  (803)-953-7877
 171 Moultrie St.                         Home:  (803)-795-3996
 Charleston, SC 29409                      Fax:  (803)-953-7084