hummingbirds and CHBC mtg. 3/27

Bill Hilton's reminder about putting out our hummingbird feeders was timely
-- and so is the upcoming Chapel Hill Bird Club meeting on Monday, March
27th. Our speaker will be Susan Campbell, a hummingbird bander and an
educator at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences. She'll talk about North
Carolina's summer and winter hummingbird populations -- winter, as we've
learned on Carolinabirds, is when the navigationally challenged western
hummers like rufous and Anna's may show up on our shores. Susan has banded
some of those winter hummers this year.

Come one, come all -- you don't have to be a CHBC member to attend. Just
join us at Binkley Baptist Church in Chapel Hill, at the corner of Willow
Drive and the Hwy. 15-501 Bypass at 7:30 p.m. on Monday. See you there!

Ginger_Travis@unc.edu
Chapel Hill, NC
942-7746