Sora

Hi Birders,

Today as
a favor to Steve at HBSP I led a birding group of 14 people. We were on
the main causeway at the east end freshwater side, I spotted a small
bird ahead of the group in close and in the cover. The bird turned out
to be a mature Sora. I was able to set up my scope and every member of
the group got great looks. It was a life bird for over half of the
group. To all our amazement the bird decided to swim the 40 yrds. right
straight for us, he passed within 15 ft. of us and swam on up the
causeway.

The group was very happy with their highlight of the day.

Phil Turner
Phil and Sharon Turner
Myrtle Beach, S C
philshar@earthlink.net